Hope TrailerJune 14, 2010
To me, cinematic trailers are really nothing more than tools that game companies use to feed the hype machine, and very rarely do they ever depict what actual gameplay will be like. But still, I won’t lie — ever since Bioware released their “first” Deceived trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic I’ve had my hopes up for a second one. These hopes were finally answered on Friday night as I watched the Gametrailers TV special and saw a short “the-making-of type” feature on the new cinematic trailer that was to be revealed during E3 2010. I didn’t even care that all they showed was like 5 seconds of actual footage from the trailer; knowing that it would feature Troopers was good enough for me.
Anyway, I’d be geeking out on the SWTOR community site right now if the forums hadn’t just gone down due to extremely high traffic (I’m not surprised) so I’ll just have to do my freaking out here, because the full trailer was released earlier today, aptly named Hope.
Some quick thoughts:
- Great job once again by Blur Studio.
- Finally, the Republic gets some love!
- There was speculation that this trailer was going to explain how Darth Malgus got his mask…I was actually sort of hoping for a sticky grenade to the face.
- This trailer is going to make the Trooper a wildly popular class.
- Looking forward to finding out more about the female Jedi with the double bladed light saber in a future Biographies page (I’m skeptical that it’s Satele Shan due to some discrepancies in age, skills and appearance).
- Some sort of force-deflection/absorption technique was how she was able to stop the light saber with her hand?
- That move she made looked like something out of Dragonball Z.
- Not as mind-blowing as Deceived, but I admit my expectations were higher for this one.
- This game is going to completely destroy my life.