SWTOR: Hammer Comes Down, NDA Goes UpNovember 18, 2011
There was an interesting tweet from Star Wars: The Old Republic community manager Stephen Reid yesterday, teasing an “interesting” Friday update. So when the “News and Announcements” forum was graced today with a preview of the Flashpoint “Bringing Down the Hammer“, I was a bit confused. Sure, a feature on a new FP is always nice, but this type of update isn’t exactly out of the ordinary.
But then 3pm came around and BOOM, we got this little doozy from Dr. Greg Zeschuk himself:
As of now, the non disclosure portion of our Game Testing Agreement is officially lifted.
Not sure if Mr. Reid was sort of hinting at this, but yeah, I guess it’s pretty big. Apparently, the NDA lift applies to anyone and everyone, including general testers. So for the next few days, I guess I’ll be preparing a bunch of posts. There’s…a lot I’d like to talk about.
Just some info on my time with the SWTOR beta:
- Currently still testing, and have been in testing since June
- Classes I had time to test extensively: Trooper and Smuggler
- Classes I only dabbled in: Sith Inquisitor, Sith Warrior, Imperial Agent
- Classes I didn’t touch at all: Either Jedi and the Bounty Hunter — the classes I did not want to spoil as I am most likely rolling them at launch
- Farthest I’ve gotten: Level 50 (cap) with the Smuggler
- All 17 planets minus Tython the Jedi starting area
I’ve had a blast testing, and it’s been almost half a year and I’m still not tired of it, so I guess that’s got to count for something!
Anyway, more info and updates coming to this blog soon. I’m sure lots of people will be talking about the game from now until launch, and yes, I’ll be doing my part adding to the deluge! If anyone has any questions about the game, especially the higher level content, I’ll be happy to answer or offer up commentary in a future post. More info and updates to the blog coming soon.