Battle Bards Episode 14: World of WarcraftOctober 29, 2013
This newest episode of Battle Bards was a long time coming. Our past episodes have featured music from World of Warcraft before, but now finally we give the game its own show.
Love the game, hate the game, no matter how you feel about it no one can deny WoW has one of the most expansive, diverse soundtracks out there. It’s a big game with a big track list, and it was tough but Syp, Syl and I managed to choose a few to feature out of the dozens upon dozens of tunes this game has to offer.
Fear not if you don’t see your favorites, though, as WoW is definitely a game we’ll have to do as a theme again in the future. For myself, I have so many memories wrapped up in this game; from Vanilla WoW through all the expansions to Mists of Pandaria, so many of those moments are linked to the music. So join me and my fellow battle bards, and let’s talk the WoW soundtrack!
Episode 14 show notes
- Introduction (including “Main Theme” from World of Warcraft and “Howling Fjord” from Wrath of the Lich King)
- “A Call to Arms” from World of Warcraft
- “Elwynn Forest” from World of Warcraft
- “The Shaping of the World” from World of Warcraft
- “The Sin’dorei” from The Burning Crusade
- “Castaways” from Cataclysm
- “Mountains of Thunder” from Wrath of the Lich King
- “Stormstout Brew” from Mists of Pandaria
- Mailbag: Ian
- Outro (“Salty Sailor” from Taverns of Azeroth)